1. CIE Oct/Nov 2018 session papers, marking schemes and other resources have been updated in our papers section.
    Furthermore, we have also updated resources for Edexcel, OCR, IB, TOEFL, SAT, GMAT and more.

Click here for more information.

Good luck with your exams.

Dismiss Notice

ACCA or Bachelors of Accounting and Finance

Discussion in 'ACCA' started by forget_me.not, Nov 10, 2012.

1. forget_me.not

forget_me.not

Hey guys!
    I wanted to ask that which is a better option: ACCA or Bachelors of Accounting and Finance. Also is there a major difference between the two?

2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. ZohaibAsad

ZohaibAsad

ACCA is a certification, BSc Accounting and Finance is an academic degree. Remember if you apply for jobs in developed countries they care about certifications only if you have a basic bachelors degree first.

4. forget_me.not

forget_me.not

"ACCA offers four core qualifications
    1: A suite of awards, including certificates, diplomas and a revised Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) qualification - (Foundations In Accountancy)
    2: A Professional Qualification enabling members to reach the highest level in accountancy - (ACCA)
    3: A Bachelor of Science in Applied Accounting which is centered on the needs of employers for practical, professional accounting - BSc (Hons)
    4: A Masters in Business Administration designed to broaden business understanding and enhance strategic decision making - (MBA)"

what do you make of that?

leadingguy likes this.
  5. ZohaibAsad

ZohaibAsad

If you want to stay in Pakistan then it's ok if you are heading to USA/Canada then it's not ok. The mulit-millionaire firms only recognize the standard path used by top universities in their own countries.

husnain99 and leadingguy like this.
  6. Lostsoul

Lostsoul

If i get a finance from a not so well recognised public institute, but its government institute (developing country) , will it have any value in the developed countries?