1. CIE May/June 2018 session papers, marking schemes and other resources have been updated in our papers section.
    Click here to view them.

Good luck with your exams.

Dismiss Notice

AS (Biology) P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Discussion in 'International A And AS Level' started by ahmed abdulla, May 25, 2013.

1. vivilow

vivilow

thank you!! all understood :)

HubbaBubba likes this.
  2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. SalmaXXXX

SalmaXXXX

I've been trying to figure that out, too. So, I think that since since the transpiration rate is minimum, water is not sucked up by transpiration pull force that fast so more water liger in the xylem vessel with the adhesive forces so pressure is applied on the walls of the xylem and the diameter increases. Water should be sucked as a continuous column that can't be broken, water is always present in the xylem. so I think that that since no transpiration occurs, no difference in pressure is maintained and water stays in the xylem.
    Hope I helped.

4. vivilow

vivilow

when transpiration occurs, the cohesive and adhesive forces pull the xylem vessels in thus decreasing the diameter of the trunk. when transpiration is minimum this tension is released so diameter increases.

SalmaXXXX likes this.
  5. 1357911

o/n 2012 varient 11 q-33,36,and 40......... SOMEBODY PLZZ HELP

6. mushu.jr

mushu.jr

How to solve this IMG-20180312-WA0018.jpg

7. potatocorn12

potatocorn12

most prolly its A because the water potential of cell sap must be less than the one in soil to maintain a gradient so that ions and minerals can easily move into cell sap.Hence -60 would be ideal. But just recheck the answer i m kinda confused because it can be C too but-20kpa means water would move out of cell to soil