1. CIE Oct/Nov 2018 session papers, marking schemes and other resources have been updated in our papers section.
    Furthermore, we have also updated resources for Edexcel, OCR, IB, TOEFL, SAT, GMAT and more.

Click here for more information.

Good luck with your exams.

Dismiss Notice

CAREER COUNSELLING

Discussion in 'Careers Council' started by FAHMEED, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Bhanupriya

Bhanupriya

I WANNA persue journalism which field would go best......television , social ...??

2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. maryamazfar

maryamazfar

Hey help me too.... I'm doing my o-levels right now and my subjects are: Business Studies, Environmental Management, Economics and Sociology. It's my last year and I still don't know which subjects to choose in a-levels. Help me out here please....

4. Dark Destination

Dark Destination

That depends on which career you want to pursue.

5. maryamazfar

maryamazfar

I want to pursue business but don't want to take maths.... and want to in IBA University

6. Dark Destination

Dark Destination

Business, Economics, Accounts is the usual combination people take if they want to study Business. But you can mix it up by taking Sociology, or anything else you like. It's up to you, and what subjects you like studying.

7. maryamazfar

maryamazfar

Doesn't taking business studies and economic at one time reduces it's credit. I'm thinking of taking economics only

8. maryamazfar

maryamazfar

Doesn't taking economics and business studies at the same time reduces it's credits?

9. Dark Destination

Dark Destination

I've heard that, but I'm not sure if that's actually true.

10. teachyourself

teachyourself

relax ... at the undergrad level you will still be doing basic courses that will help you decide what to choose
    just take BS, Accounting, Eco, Math in the A-levels ... these are the subjects that have the required credit maybe Business Studies might have a bit less (i am not sure) .. as for psychology, socio, you will still be taking these subjects at the undergrad level ... as for their applicability in real life Business Studies and Accounting will be the most useful but NOT directly applicable .... for an example of practical skills used in the work place in some areas of finance check out BIWS

11. teachyourself

teachyourself

check the source of the information

12. Kinza Rana

Kinza Rana

If some one who is not good at memorizing, likes studying physics and chemistry but not the organic chemistry and maths, and they have to options either Pharmacy or Radiology. What should she/he choose and why?

13. Sixty18

Sixty18

Memorization will get you nowhere. It's better to attempt to try and understand the concepts.

Let's try to evaluate your choices. What are the pro's and con's of each choice and how much money can you make from them. Which one do you find more fun/entertaining. I do not mean studying them, I am referring to preforming them.

Good luck.

14. Annarophic

Annarophic

Whats the scope of dentistry in Pakistan?
    And can anyone tell me about the best unis in this discipline.

15. M.Anas

M.Anas

I am an olevel student,I have secured 1A* and 2 As,and waiting for final result. I choosed phy,chem,comp as an optional subject, I wanted to ask wheather to go for fsc or alevels to pursue engineering in pakistan. Secondly, Is it better to switch to commerce or continue engineering after alevels or fsc.

16. Miss Gorgeous ;

Miss Gorgeous ;

i would suggest you to do fsc if you want to stay in Pakistan. Choose a field in which you are interested.....better if you continue with engineering

17. luciusheng

luciusheng

18. KashishV

KashishV

Hi, so I'm currently doing my AS levels chem, physics, bio, math and English language. I'm planning on taking all the sciences and maths in A levels too. Upon looking at my choices, which streams and career options do you think I can pursue? I've realised that I would like to take psychology later on so I hope bio A level contributes in whatever way it can.

19. Emmris

Emmris

Hello I have just started As level and took maths, physics, chemistry as mains and bio as sub together with GP ... I would like to know if I can pursue genetic engineering afterwards with this combination... n what other choices do I have in the scientific field except for doctor ??

20. Octahedral123

Octahedral123

Hi! With the subjects you have, there are plenty of options available to you. You can certainly opt for genetic engineering at university. You can go into academia, become a mathematician, a theoretical physicist, a biochemical engineer, a cryptographer, a data scientist, or anything really. The possibilities are endless. What subject are you most interested in right now? Have you done an internship, or taken a course outside school that will help you in making the right decision? It's never too early to think about the future, so it's good that you've started already.

21. Emmris

Emmris

Thank you very much for the explanation.... actually I did take a computer course .... but not more than dat cuz I have a busy school n tuition life ...

Wat interests me the most is the combination of chemistry n biology ... I mean I wanna do a job dat explore both fields ....