1. CIE May/June 2018 session papers, marking schemes and other resources have been updated in our papers section.
    Click here to view them.

Good luck with your exams.

Dismiss Notice

Preparing for admission into AKU's MBBS program - A Guide I Wrote As A Successful Candidate

Discussion in 'MCAT' started by Metallic9896, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Metallic9896

Metallic9896

Salam/greetings everyone!!

I owe it to this forum. This played a huge role in getting the 3 A*s I did in A Level and 7 A*s in O Level. My eventual aim was to get into Aga Khan University (AKU) for my Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery and I did. I understand how valuable online resources such as this forum. I relied on the help provided by previous students and seniors who made blog posts, wrote articles, posted on forums like this, about the entry test, interview, etc. Thus, I feel that I must do my part in keeping this senior to junior guidance alive. To fulfill that task, I've written a 14,000 word long booklet detailing my experience with the entry test, interview, applying for the admission, how I believe the candidates are selected, and so on. Here is the link. I've uploaded it on Google Drive because it will be easier for me to update it in case I come across errors in spelling etc. that I wish to amend. Feel free to download it and spread it to all juniors/siblings/friends who aim to get into AKU:

Preparing for admission into AKU’s MBBS program: https://goo.gl/Q4e8Wg

Please keep this thread alive and share it with everyone who you deem will be in need of this guide.

I will now not be as active as I was but will IA visit from time to time to share this with people who will need it when the admission cycles begin.

I also wrote other articles including one on SAT 2 prep, advice for O level students intending to become doctors, and so on, all linked at the end of this guide. Do check them out too.

I hope nothing but good comes out of it and anyone who reads this finds it useful! :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. Farishtey

Farishtey

Thanks for the thorough guide, I am planning to Insha ALLAH apply for AKU for the next enrollments, but I had a question. Does anyone know what is the requirements (aside from the SAT II which I am giving) for students with GED?

4. komal Shah

komal Shah

when aku exams held

anastasia grey113 likes this.
  5. anastasia grey113

anastasia grey113

For this year, it was held on the 1st of July. It's always scheduled around the start of July.